Monday, November 15, 2010

Scatter Brain


I'm exhausted and maybe a little cloudy from being sick and taking lots and lots of Sudafed. I've also eaten my weight in oranges, read half a book, Netti-potted the crap out of myself, and am in desperate need of doing laundry, but have been avoiding it like the plague.

A few weeks ago I got my sister two shirts at Target - one was an orange and black Halloween Hello Kitty t-shirt, and the other was a long sleeved black shirt with a turquoise t-shirt over top of it, covered in pink and purple flowers and sparkles. This weekend, she told me

she loves that shirt the best, because of the sparkles, and since she is so good at sharing, she has been scrapping the sparkles off the shirt and giving them to her friends. The adorable factor is out of control.


I've been doing a lot of exploring and wondering in the city the past week or so. I really like Brooklyn, even though I am in hipsterville. Things you may only see here:

1. Knitting factories turned apartments - very hip
2. Artists bicycling their beloved pieces around, particularly giant canvases
3. Graffiti being done on rotation


I sometimes wonder if it's possible to fall in love again. I used to think that you're given one great love in your life, and that's who
you are meant to be with. My opinion has since changed, but I still sometimes wonder: What if we as beings are given one shot, one person to love for always, and I had mine, and now I'm done? Am I capable of loving someone? Or have I shut down that part of myself forever for fear of getting hurt again? Perhaps, I'll know when I find them. Maybe I won't.


Then there are other times when I think: When I'm ready to be in love again, I will be, and the person I'm meant to be with will find me. I mean, that's what happened last time. So who knows.



I've started looking into adoption. Cats, not humans.


I wish I were Tina Fey. Or Wonder Woman.

No comments: