Thursday, August 20, 2009

Simple Simple Minds


I know it's 4 days past it's importance, but seeing as how it's still relevant, I thought I would share:


Who thinks this is an awesome idea?


Moving on. Tonight at work, I was, yet again, amazed at the level of stupidity people can achieve. One of my coworkers asked me what my ethnicity was - and then proceeded to answer the question by saying "Jewish, right?". I think I would be more shocked if this were the first time someone had asked me this question. For sheer entertainment purposes, I will now divulge the conversation that occurred (completely out of the blue, mind you):

Anonymous Coworker: Hey, so like, what ethnicity are you? Like, Jewish?
Me: Um. What?
Anonymous Coworker: You're like, Jewish, right?
Me: "Jewish" is a religion. Like, Christianity, or Catholicism. It's not an ethnicity.
Anonymous Coworker: Oh, okay. So you're from like, where then, Israel, right? 'Cause it's not like, Hebrew.
Me: ...No.
Anonymous Coworker: Oh, okay. So like. You're not Jewish?
Me: No, I am Jewish, but that's my religion. Actually, Israel - which is a country - has a lot of different religions. People from Israel are called "Israeli".
Anonymous Coworker: Oh, okay. So like. Don't all the Jewish people come from there?
Me: ...No.
Anonymous Coworker: So you're not Hebrew?
Me: That's a language.
Anonymous Coworker: Oh okay, cool. So what's your ethnicity?
Me: I'm a mix of a bunch of things.
Anonymous Coworker: So you're not from Israel?
Me: ...Sure.

Amazing.

1 comment:

HighSociety said...

HAHAHAHA. That's awesome. It's like when you're little and someone asks you if you are Christmas or Hanukah. People are idiots.