Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cats, Mangoes, And A Little BTB

Erik and I used to pass notes to each other during out creative fiction writing classes - but instead of notes, we wrote Haiku's. Then, Erik would hang them on his wall, and during parties, we would get drunk and read them out loud to our friends. They were ridiculous, and most of them were about the girl in our class who would read her stories aloud using different character voices, and wear a jacket that was covered in knitted cats. Her stories were also mostly about cats. We would also write about the girl who wanted to be the first woman to write an Indian tale of Cinderella or...something - only it always included mangoes and a mango tree, and picking the mangoes off of the tree, and then we would zone out - so really, I'm not sure what she ever read. I miss this stuff. College was a great experience. I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait to go back to grad school and take more classes. Look out, Fall 2011.

::EDIT::

I've been feeling a little out of sorts about things, and maybe not able to capture it in my own word as of late, so I'm stealing the rockin' Ben Taylor Band's.

"And I mostly remember the way that you look
And the only thing left is I'm lonely for you
Everything reminds me of you
And I hope that I find my way home soon"

No comments: