Thursday, January 13, 2011

In A Nutshell

The Place: A street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The Time: Last night.
The Scene: Matt, Christina, and Hilary walk out of their 3 story apartment building heading for their three-way date night.  Three random strangers (2 guys and a girl) walk by, bundled up with coats, white and black scarves, and black beanies.  The men are not cleanly shaven.  The strangers greet the threesome with a friendly passing.

Three Random Strangers: (varied) Hey Guys, what's up, how's it going?

Matt, Christina, Hilary: (together and varied) Hey, hi, hey...

A few seconds pass as glances are exchanged.

Hilary: Do either one of you know those guys?  Do they live in our building?

Matt: No.  They're Hipsters.  They say hi to everyone.

Hilary: Oh.  That's...friendly.

Matt: No.  I'm from Jersey.  If someone talks to me, I say "Mind your own fucking business" and go on with my day.  I hate white people.

Scene.

No comments: