Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful Turkey

What are you thankful for?

 Having an outlet, such as this, to be able to share and express my thoughts, my adventures, my stories, my opinions and choices, and encourage others to do the same.

Having a few days off to rest, recuperate, and recharge my batteries.

Having a plethora of friends who embrace and accept me for who I am - not with judgement or expectation, but with love and joy and open arms always.  They challenge me, teach me, and help shape who I am becoming.  I am very lucky.


Having the opportunity to take time for myself.

Frothy hot chocolates.


24-hour Bagelsmith - for those 4am sandwiches and freshly cooked bagels, literally, whenever I want them.

Remembering what a wise man named Fred once said (and continued to say) throughout college, and the ability to now truly understand it years later, and appreciate how far and wise beyond his years he really was.  "The universe will provide".  Thanks, Fred.

Rediscovering my passion and my heart.

Bobby pins and Mascara.

Grilled cheeses, plates full of pickles, and late night diner trips with incredible people.

This incredible city, and my ability to fall back in love with the fickle mistress, time after time after time.

My absolutely fabulous roommates - without whom, I would ever have discovered the laundry room mystery note, Adventures in Babysitting, or how to catch fruit flies in a mug.


Hummus veggie sandwishes and watermelon mozzarella salads.

My crazy little kitty, Oliver.  He may be nuts, but he has provided me with more love and comfort than I can ever truly express.


Fire pits, dance classes, karaoke, movies, and road trips with friends.

Hershey's Hugs.  Like Kisses, only more delicious.


The occasional manicure and mental health day.

The ocean.  Primarily for sushi and seahorses, but also for swimming.  Not so much for sharks.


I may have a love/hate relationship with social media, but if it weren't for Facebook, I would never have been able to reconnect with some of the most incredible people I have known and loved.

My family.  Every single member of it.


Most of all, I am thankful for being here, now.  I am thankful for having the opportunity to grow, learn, explore, discover, dance, sing, bop along to music as I walk down the street, read, write, share, live, and love.

Happy (slightly belated) Thanksgiving readers!




No comments: