Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Tale of Lucky

Tonight, I discovered that if you lie on the floor in my dinning/living room with your ear against the carpet, you can hear my neighbors talking. Either that, or there are baby gremlins hanging out in the pipes.

About 5 or 6 years ago, my one set of neighbors got a dog - a little adorable baby beagle named Lucky. They walked him everyday for about a year. Then we stopped seeing him. Ever. We assumed something had happened - maybe they gave the dog away, or maybe he got sick, who knows. However, a few weeks later, we heard howling (As only a beagle can do) coming from what seemed like outside. I went in my backyard to see if there was a dying dog (because that is what it sounded like), but to no avail. Yet, the howling continued. This would happen every few weeks, sometimes for a few nights in a row, sometimes only once in a while. Ghost dog, you ask? Demon puppy, perhaps?

No. Our neighbors simply keep their little pooch locked in their basement. At all times. I know this, because I finally followed the howling, and it led to their basement, which has a window, which allows a person to see a dog trapped howling inside. WHAT.

My mom is convinced that they are just breeding dogs, and then eating them. I think they're aliens. Either way, I think it borders on animal cruelty - because no one on my street even thinks they HAVE a dog, and think we're nuts when we say they do.

Actions to take? Call SAVE, I guess. However, from my understanding, they don't really do anything, and then, I'm convinced, my neighbors will know it was us, and poison my cat or something.

I wonder if I have ever accidentally eaten dog?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This makes me sad.

Also, if you've eaten Chinese food, you've likely accidentally eaten a lot of things.