Friday, September 5, 2008

Go, Green, Go!



I have never doubted the Global Warming situation, and always knew it would quickly work it's way into our lives during my generations lifetime - but I don't think I ever expected myself to buy into the entire "Going Green!" industry as quickly as I have. List of things to prove my point thus far? Yes, please.

1. I bought one of those special-non-cancerous-super-good-for-the-environment water bottles - though I must admit the slightly selfish end of that spectrum - I don't spend money on buying individual water bottles anymore. It's lightweight, it's made entirely out of recycled materials, and it's fuchsia and so pretty!

2. I am slowly but surely purchasing those pre-recycled bags that almost every supermarket is now carrying, and using them for everything under the sun - from books to shoes! I even picked one up at work today because it was so gosh darn cheap, and insanely adorable, with sayings such as "I used to be a plastic bottle". Oh come on now.

3. Peace out paper lunch bags - I gots myself a lunchy-box! Now I'm just a nerd. I even use reusable Tupperware containers instead of zip locks, foil and saran wrap. And yes - my water bottle fits onto the outside of the bag. Boo-ya.

4. I've always been insane with the recycling thing - no change there. Although my mom read something about caps not being recyclable, so now she's like a bottle-cap crazy, double checking everything we throw in the bin. But good for her, being conscientious.

5. Now, working at a bookstore, I simply can't get behind the whole "borrow, don't buy!" concept, because honestly? Nothing says indulgence like the smell of a brand new book. I do, however, buy from local farms more often than chain supermarkets. There are two awesome stands down the street from me - and Fedoras totally supports that, go them!

6. Turning down the air conditioning sucks. But I do it. But I'm not happy about it! And you know how I am with my air conditioning. I think I'd live in an igloo if I had the option. Unfortunately, if I don't continue to turn my air down, I won't have an igloo to grow old in.

SO, that's that. Check it out! But beware. the lady on the screen talks.

http://www.wecansolveit.org/?source=GoogleSearch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I desperately want a Rainbow Brite lunchbox. One of those old tin ones no one has anymore. Note to all the guys out there; perfect gift for me, a hot chicky!