Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Promised Land


I know it sounds cliche and lame, but music is an art form that I truly believe holds immense power - both in communicating a message, but also (I know, SO lame) healing. I can be having the most horrible day of my life, and I can put in a song that can help flip my entire mood around, or just backup the one I'm in and make me feel a little less alone about it. I can be in an amazing mood and be able to pop in a CD to keep me pumped. Whatever the situation, I have always been able to find a song to match, whatever the moment.


That being said, Dar Williams is one of my all time favorite singer-songwriters, possibly ever. I must admit that yes, I may have a slight obsession with her - but it's totally healthy! One in which I refuse to buy her music off of places like iTunes (which, I also must admit, I am hardcore invested in) because I want her to get as much profit as possible because she deserves it. I also signed up for her fan mail doohickey's, and occasionally get fun information and mass emails from Dar along with being able to promote her music. I have also seen her like, 6 times in concert - maybe more? REGARDLESS - her new CD came out today, which I of course immediately purchased, and no sooner had I ripped open the package and stuffed the CD into my car stereo, did I fall in love with it. I know it, again, sounds cliche, but this woman's music got me through so much - the transition from high school to college, my first serious heartbreak - everything.


THEREFORE, I highly suggest you take a listen to Dar Williams newest release, "Promised Land". It may just change your life. And while you're at it, check out her live CD, "Out There", because it has much of Dar's witty, witty banter. Fantastic. A+.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet you your favorite music will get you through this, too. Remember how far you have come; you are brave and beautiful.